Sunday 5 April 2015

Lion Dash Penang




So I tried something different at the beginning 2015 by taking part in the Lion Dash in Penang. A 10km mixed trail and road run combined with 10 obstacles, the inaugural Lion Dash was held at the Botanic Gardens in Penang on 18th January 2015.

Running in the jungle clad hills was challenging and quite a different experience to running on the road. The trail shoes which I bought before the race served me well. As for the obstacles, they were challenging, and fun! One of the obstacles which I enjoyed the most involved running while carrying a tyre. It's a test of speed, strength and coordination.

The toughest obstacle for me was the one just before the finishing line. Participants were required to dive into a tank of water filled with ice. In the tank, my legs and my toes went numb and wading through the water felt tougher than  running the 10k and completing all the other obstacles combined! Nonetheless, I was determined to complete the obstacle as giving up at this point was not an option.  With the heart of a lion, I walked through the bone chilling water. I crossed the finish line, my feet numb, my spirits lifted.

I am ready game for obstacle events.. Viper arena in May... see you there...

Roar....

No comments: